Wishing everyone all the best in 2013.
Be Inspired to: Create. Give. Dream. Love. Praise. Laugh. Trust. Lend a Hand, a Shoulder to cry on, good Energy in good Times.
Be better, do better, reach higher. Keep Calm & Carry On!!
And try to do one or all of these things, each & every day that you wake up.
Happy New Year!
Shoot for Change is proud to present a very special black and white photo exhibition in Washington DC. Several leaders from various nonprofit organizations were invited to participate in an “Old Hollywood” fashion editorial. With the help of some of the most talented stylists, hair stylists, and makeup artists in the area, these nonprofit organization leaders were transformed and sent into the glamorous world of classic movie stars. In addition to their photographs, each one of the nonprofit organization leaders wrote a one-page essay on what inspires them to do what they do and what inspires them to keep doing it.
Please join us for this one of a kind photo exhibit featuring leaders of our local nonprofit organizations.
- Each photo exhibit ticket purchased on or before October 1st will include 4 free raffle tickets for a chance to join photographer Walter Grio at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in New York for the Autumn/Winter 2012 collection in February (trip expenses not included). You may also purchase additional tickets here or during the event. Must be present to win.
- Dress and theme for the event is Old Hollywood Glamour.
- Event will be held at L2 Lounge in Georgetown. November 16th.
- 21+ only.
- Join photographer Walter Grio at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in New York for the Autumn/Winter 2012 collection in February (trip expenses not included).
- Gift certificate for a free Haircut and Finish ($140 value) from Christophe Jouenne, one of Washington DC’s elite and most desired hairstylists. [ http://www.christophej.com ]
Fifteen leaders from various nonprofit organizations were invited to participate in an “Old Hollywood” fashion editorial.
This ONE-NIGHT-ONLY exhibit will be held at L2 LOUNGE on November 16, 2011.
Theme & attire for that night is Old Hollywood Glamour.
The First Annual National Enlightenment Walk for Education Reform in America (NEW ERA) will be held on Saturday, November 12, 2011 marking the beginning of American Education Week (November 13-19). In an effort to bring awareness and create a sense of urgency on a myriad of issues in America’s education system, this year’s walk will primarily focus on encouraging and supporting the students’ voice in education reform. We firmly believe that if educators and policy makers want to bring about change for the greater good of the students, then it is crucial that they fully understand the students’ perspective. A great part of understanding students’ perspectives can be accomplished by including their thoughts, suggestions, and feedback in the reform process.
A Message from the Founder: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnlqwMqK63k
Tavis Smiley http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUSMUEDuX80
Cornel West http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHGjNDGPkFo
Glen Harris http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Owr_IWOIrqs&feature=related
Cato June http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzCJDNXeoZ8&feature=related
Sponsors: Chick Fil-a - Radio One - Praise 104 - Magic 102 - MBM Entertainment, LLC